In accordance with the Victorian health records act 2001 and privacy act.
Our practice The Dental Company (ABN- 155 463 559), respects your rights to privacy. We realise that it is important that you understand the purpose for which we collect details about your health, as well as how this information is used at our practice and to whom this information might be disclosed.
The policy of our practice is to follow these procedures:
- The information collected will be used for the purpose of providing treatment to you. Personal information such as your name, address and health insurance details will be used for the purpose of addressing accounts to you, as well as processing payments and writing to you about our services and any issues affecting your treatment.
- We may disclose your health information to other health care professionals, or require it from them if, in our judgement, that it is necessary in the context of your treatment. In that event, disclosure of your personal details will be minimised wherever possible.
- We may also use parts of your health information for research purposes, in study groups or at seminars as this may provide benefits to other patients. Should that happen, your personal identity will not be disclosed without your consent to do so.
- Your medical history, treatment records, x-rays and any other materials to your treatment will be kept here. You may inspect or request copies of our records of your treatment at any time, or seek an explanation from the dentist. Statutory fees may occur in relation to the types or access you seek.
- If any of the information we have about you is inaccurate, you may ask us to alter our records accordingly.